WordPress has always been one of the popular solutions for blogging. It was created for that very purpose originally. It offers an easy-to-use interface for writing, publishing and managing blog posts for even the non-techies.
However, it still has its flaws. One of the flaws is the spam comments that ruin the site’s reputation, and affect performance and even the SEO value of the site. It takes a lot of time and effort to get rid of the spam comments and constantly having to monitor them. On top of that, the comment section design is not optimized for user experience.
Enter Fluent Comments: A free WordPress plugin designed to step up your site’s comment section. It offers a sleek design and user-friendly interface, ensuring your visitors enjoy a seamless commenting experience. But the awesomeness doesn’t end there; this plugin is also a sturdy defender against spam, keeping those pesky unwanted messages at bay.
What features does the Fluent Comments Plugin offer?
- AJAX-Powered Realtime Comments: Say goodbye to the old and welcome the new with AJAX-powered real-time comments, ensuring a dynamic and engaging user interaction.
- Advanced Spam Protection: Tired of bots flooding your comment section with spam? Fluent Comments utilizes advanced cryptographic mechanisms to shield your site from spam, making it a no-go zone for bots.
- Intuitive Comment Form: With Fluent Comments, the comment form is intuitive and aesthetically pleasing, encouraging more users to engage and share their thoughts.
- Compatibility: Worried about compatibility issues? Fret not! Fluent Comments is compatible with all themes (except FSE Themes) and page builders, ensuring a smooth integration with your site. FSE Themes will be available in future updates.
- Lightweight and Fast: Unlike some plugins that slow down your website, Fluent Comments is designed to be super fast and lightweight, ensuring optimal performance.
Credit for image: https://wordpress.org/plugins/fluent-comments/
How to set up the Fluent Comments Plugin?
Installing Fluent Comments is a cakewalk.
Step 1: Install the plugin from the WordPress repository.
Step 2: Activate the plugin.
Step 3: (Optional) Make changes to the design using CSS.
That’s All! You are all set. As of now, there are no further settings for the plugin. We hope that in future, the plugin will have extended its customisation features to tailor the comment design to our brand.
The design that comes with the plugin is clean and UX-focused, so it’s not necessary to make any changes.
Let us know your thoughts about the plugin, and how it can be improved. We would also love to hear about which plugins you use for your blog comments!